In celebration of the Queens Platinum Jubilee, and as part of the county-wide Festival of Suffolk, a series of Business EXPO Open Days are being held between 20th June and 8th July 2022. Each event will focus on a different industry sector. The Technology Day hosted by BT is one of these events and will take place at Adastral Park on 21st June.
In this podcast, Nicky chats with Lisa about
• her involvement with the Festival of Suffolk and explains how Suffolk will be celebrating this historic event
• the business exhibition that will create opportunities for large and small businesses to showcase their technology, products & services
• highlights the key connections that exhibitors and visitors alike can make and the information to be gained that might help businesses with their growth and strategic plans in areas such as Security, Artificial Intelligence etc.
• shares information about all the other activities to see and do as part of the Technology Day 21st June
• the ambition to attract talented people that may be looking for a new career direction and to inspire students to look at Suffolk employment opportunities in a range of sectors, driving a deeper understanding of careers and development in these exciting industry sectors.
Listed below are all the Sector Open Days with links to their own page for more details and how to register
• The Technology Day (21st June), led by BT, will be hosting tours at their Adastral Park Martlesham Heath site, tech talks, an exhibition by big companies and SME's working in that field, and careers advice such as coding, programming, designers, operational and more. To Register to attend or to be an Exhibitor click here.
• At the University of Suffolk, a day on Education Beyond Teaching (22nd) will look at career opportunities in education, not just teaching but also classroom assistants, companies involved with learning and education materials etc.
• EDF is hosting Energy Days (4-7th July)
• Willis Towers Watson is holding a day on Financial Solutions (27th)
• Vertas features Sustainability at Suffolk County Council’s Endeavour House and the Hold (28th June)
• Abbeycroft Leisure in Haverhill will inspire young people into careers in Health, Fitness and Well-being
One of the businesses joining in at the Technology Day at Adastral Park is Inawisdom, a member of Innovation Martlesham and a leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) – essentially helping businesses uncover insights/trends/issues and opportunities in their operations from the data they already. These insights help them make informed, data-led decisions in real time to better operate today and predict and improve the future. From Financial Services to Manufacturing we are working with companies across the globe to help them leverage AI/ML to impact areas from improving customer service to predicting the failure of vital machinery.
Why Inawisdom is taking part in the Expo?
“We are delighted to be taking part in this Tech Expo for the Festival of Suffolk to ensure that we are promoting and showcasing the innovation happening in this area,” said Robin Meehan the CTO and co-founder of Inawisdom “We are proud to be founded in this region and leveraging the amazing skills here. It’s a great opportunity to give students the chance to see how emerging technology is impacting multiple industries in the most positive way, improving everyday life, and we hope it inspires them to work in the sector. We will have demos of some of our AI models in action and a host of case studies to see how AI is applied in the real world.”
It is hoped that the Expo’s will create a powerful legacy of Suffolk businesses working together as well as driving and inspiring skills across the sectors with Suffolk students.