As part of the county-wide Festival of Suffolk, a series of Business Expos are being organised. The six Business Open Days will help create a ‘Stronger Sustainable Suffolk’ for the future, and each will focus on a different industry sector.
“The aim is to inspire the next generation to look at Suffolk employment opportunities in a range of sectors, and at the diversity of opportunity within each sector, whilst also creating opportunities for large and small businesses to connect, and work together in the future,” explained Lisa Perkins, Adastral Park and Research Realisation Director, who is the Business Expos co-ordinator.
Between 21st June - 8th July a series of Expos are being held across Suffolk to bring together big companies and SME's for a day of exhibitions, networking and events, for schools, colleges and, in some cases, the public.
Lisa explains more in this podcast
• The Technology Day (21st June), led by BT, will be hosting tours at their Adastral Park Martlesham Heath site, tech talks, an exhibition by big companies and SME's working in that field, and careers advice such as coding, programming, designers, operational and more. To Register to attend or to be an Exhibitor click here.
• At the University of Suffolk, a day on Beyond Teaching’ (22nd) will look at career opportunities in education, not just teaching but also classroom assistants, companies involved with learning and education materials etc. Listen to a podcast with Mohammad Dastbaz, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Suffolk talking more about their Beyond Teaching Day 22nd June.
• EDF is hosting Energy Days (4-7th July)
• Willis Towers Watson is holding a day on Financial Solutions (27th)
• Vertas features Sustainability at Suffolk County Council’s Endeavour House and the Hold (28th June)
• Abbeycroft Leisure in Haverhill will inspire young people into careers in Health, Fitness and Well-being
One of the businesses joining in at the Technology Day at Adastral Park is Inawisdom, a member of Innovation Martlesham and a leader in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) – essentially helping businesses uncover insights/trends/issues and opportunities in their operations from the data they already. These insights help them make informed, data-led decisions in real time to better operate today and predict and improve the future. From Financial Services to Manufacturing we are working with companies across the globe to help them leverage AI/ML to impact areas from improving customer service to predicting the failure of vital machinery.
Why Inawisdom is taking part in the Expo?
“We are delighted to be taking part in this Tech Expo for the Festival of Suffolk to ensure that we are promoting and showcasing the innovation happening in this area,” said Robin Meehan the CTO and co-founder of Inawisdom “We are proud to be founded in this region and leveraging the amazing skills here. It’s a great opportunity to give students the chance to see how emerging technology is impacting multiple industries in the most positive way, improving everyday life, and we hope it inspires them to work in the sector. We will have demos of some of our AI models in action and a host of case studies to see how AI is applied in the real world.”
It is hoped that the Expo’s will create a powerful legacy of Suffolk businesses working together as well as driving and inspiring skills across the sectors with Suffolk students.
The Festival of Suffolk has three strands, special events held as part of the Festival, the annual events restarting such as the Suffolk Show and Suffolk Day, and the community events such as street parties and fetes.
The Festival has a Legacy Fund with the goal of building a Festival Fund of £5m by 2025, to be given in grants to help charities, community groups and social enterprises working in these six areas:
1) Opportunity and Education,
2) Health and Well-being,
5) the Environment
6) Culture and Tourism
We hope you can come along and enjoy the Days
Technology Day 21st June 2022 - Innovation Martlesham
Schedule – Suffolk Business Expo
There are no attachments
There are no links